Our COVID-19 Response
Updated May 27th, 2020
At Harbor 360 Hotel and Major Marine Tours the safety of our guests, employees, and community is our #1 priority. If you choose to join us, you can be confident that we have implemented thorough sanitation and social distancing procedures to ensure your comfort, health, and safety while staying with us.
As a locally-owned small business in Alaska we are deeply connected to our community. We will continue to do our part to keep our guests, employees, and community safe and healthy during this time. It is our passion to share the beauty of Alaska with our guests and we look forward to doing so this summer in the safest way possible.
PLEASE NOTE: The State of Alaska has extended the 14 day quarantine for out of state travelers to June 2nd. Any person arriving to Alaska from out of state between now and June 2nd is mandated to quarantine for 14 days. Out of consideration for the health and safety or our employees, community, and state, we urge our guests to abide by State of Alaska mandates. More information about current state health mandates can be found here.
HARBOR 360 HOTEL UPDATES
Harbor 360 Hotel is currently open. We have implemented the following procedures to ensure your safety while staying with us:
- We continue to maintain our high standard of cleanliness and use disinfectants recommended by the CDC.
- Hourly practices have been put in place for sanitizing public areas, the elevator, and any other commonly-touched surfaces.
- We are installing antimicrobial SafeHandles sleeves to commonly-touched surfaces like door handles, sink handles, toilet flushers, and guest room handles. SafeHandles are at the forefront of advanced technology in the fight against illness and reduce the spread of bacteria and viruses using antimicrobial silver ion technology.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout the hotel for the use of our guests.
- Room keys are being taken out of circulation at check-out so they can be sanitized between uses.
- After check out, each room is left vacant for 48 hours to ensure safety for our guests and staff.
- We have added protective Plexiglas at our check-in desk.
- We have closed our breakfast buffet as mandated by the State of Alaska and are now offering pre-packaged grab-and-go breakfast packs featuring fruit, a bagel and cream cheese, muffin, and yogurt.
- We have increased sanitation in the breakfast area and have removed seating. Guests are encouraged to bring their breakfast to their rooms.
- The pool area will be limited to 10 people at a time.
MAJOR MARINE TOURS BOAT OPERATIONS - NOW CRUISING
Major Marine Tours cruises are now running daily. We resumed boat operations on May 23, based on health mandates by the State of Alaska. We are continuously monitoring the situation and will make additional operational updates as needed. We will be offering reduced cruise options for the 2020 season and will resume normal operations in 2021. Please visit our All Cruises Page for our full 2020 and 2021 cruise schedule.
Changes to our Vessel Procedures
We are committed to doing everything we can to ensure your safety every step of the way – from the moment you walk in to our check-in office to the moment you step off our vessel after your cruise. We have implemented the following updated procedures:
- We have limited capacity on our vessels to ensure that our guests and crew can follow recommended social distancing guidelines.
- Each party will be assigned their own table so guests will only be seated with members of their own party. (This procedure will be in place until at least June 30th. Depending on state mandates regarding group size, this procedure may be modified after June 30th.)
- We continue to maintain our high standard of cleanliness and have implement additional cleaning procedures for commonly touched surfaces during the cruise.
- We use disinfectants recommended by the CDC that are effective against COVID-19.
- We are installing antimicrobial SafeHandles sleeves to commonly-touched surfaces like door handles, sink handles, and toilet flushers. SafeHandles are at the forefront of advanced technology in the fight against illness and reduce the spread of bacteria and viruses using antimicrobial silver ion technology.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available at our check-in office and on all vessels.
- Our onboard meal will be served by our crew rather than self-service buffet style. Guests will be called to the meal line by table number and will inform our crew which items to plate for them. For guests cruising from June 1st – 30th, 2020, our 6 Hour Cruise will feature a complimentary deli style lunch for all guests. The regular meal service will not be available during this time as we prepare our vessels with updated safety and sanitation measures for the season.
- Plexiglas has been added around the meal service and check-in areas for added protection.
- All on-board crew members are required to wear face masks.
- Our captains and crew will take their temperatures before each shift.
- Reusable boarding passes have been replaced with single-use tickets to reduce risk of virus transfer between guests and staff.
- Check-in and boarding lines are marked off with tape to ensure proper social distancing of 6 feet between parties.
What you can do to ensure the safety of others:
- Guests are strongly encouraged to wear face masks.
- Advanced reservations are strongly suggested since we are limiting capacity on our vessels to ensure proper social distancing.
- Although cash will be accepted, we are encouraging credit card payments using our contactless scanners.
- We request that only one member of each party enter the building to check-in.
- Guests are urged to frequently wash/sanitize their hands and respect social distancing guidelines throughout the cruise.
National Park Ranger Update
Due to National Park Service operational updates in response to the coronavirus, National Park Rangers will not be available to narrate our cruises for the remainder of the 2020 season. Our cruises will be fully narrated by our experienced, knowledgeable captains. Kids will still be able to participate in the
fun and educational Junior Ranger Program onboard during our 6 Hour Cruise.
NEW FLEXIBLE CANCELLATION POLICY
We are now taking reservations for 2021. If you would still like to stay or cruise with us but would like to postpone, we are more than happy to transfer your reservation to a later date in 2020 or 2021.